Ciociaria published by Punctum Press, Rome, Italy
For those on the Left Coast, Los Angeles Center for Photography (LACP) is having a Spring Open House on March 18 & 19th, 2017 at their L.A. facility; 1515 Wilcox Ave., Los Angeles, California.
Over the two days there will be a series of events (see below) during which I have been asked to participate on Saturday to host a table of my personal photobooks, including Ciociaria and my artist book Pine Lake. Probably also have a portfolio as well. Nice!
And of course I will be discussing my Introduction to Photo Book Design workshop that begins on April 1st at LACP. I have told that there are a few remaining spots still available for this dynamic two-Saturday workshop.
LACP Spring Open House:
Featuring on Saturday, March 18
NOTE: Saturday (not Sunday) is entirely FREE and open to the public. RSVP is not required.
10 am – Doors Open
11 am – Screening of the Robert Frank documentary film Don’t Blink. RSVP your seat to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Seating limited to 60. Outside of that standing room only.)
12:45 pm – Short presentations/demonstrations by various vendors
2-5 pm – Portfolio and book walk featuring the work of LACP Members
Throughout the day:
• Silent auction fundraiser to support LACP (preview images here: https://lacphoto.org/gallery/images-up-for-auction-2017/)
• Used photo equipment for sale (printers, darkroom equipment and more)
• Rare collector photo books for sale (some signed by artist)
• Various organizational vendors including ASMP Los Angeles, APA Los Angeles, Freestyle, Blurb, KEH Camera, The Artist Corner, The Impossible Project and Photo Independent/Fabrik Media
• KEH Camera buying used photographic equipment
• Raffle prize drawings
• Wine and beer served from 2-5 pm
Featuring on Sunday, March 19
• 18 “mini” classes and seminars.
NOTE: A one-day pass is $100 for Members; $200 for Non-Members. Individual classes are $20 for Members; $40 for Non-Members. Seating is limited.
To purchase classes individually, please click the corresponding class links below.
1) “Custom White Balance” with Rollence Patugan
2) “The Singular Vision (Ways of Seeing)” with Andrew Southam
3) “Lightroom Slideshow Module: Show the World Your Talent” with Michael e. Stern
1) “Mastering the Core Features of Your Camera” with Ibarionex Perello
2) “Getting Known/Getting Shown: How to Get Your Photographs Out into the World” with Sarah Hadley
3) “How to Sequence and Design a Photo Book in Blurb” with Julia Dean
1) “How to Shoot Events” (And Making a Living)” with Kevin Weinstein
2) “Introduction to Instagram” with Kat Bawden
3) “Lightroom Develop Module: Breathing Life into RAW Files” with Michael e. Stern